Monday 30 March 2015

Worster. Martin - And Now... (2014)


The debut album from this Dutch singer and songwriter. He plays guitars, keyboards, drums, bass and synths on this album. Henk Van Wijk does the saxophones.

The music here is pretty much downtuned singer songwriter music. Not exactly Bob Dylan, but a bit more melodic than that. The dominating instrument is the vocals and the guitars. The other instruments pipes in on a regular basis.

I am not entirely sure why I bought this album and why it is here. It was tagged "progressive rock" and I am a sucker for progressive rock. Sometimes, that tag comes with a rat trap included and my nose is a bit sore right now after the rat trap bloodied my nose.

The music is not really bad. It is just that it is dull and uneventful. It is also following a well trodden path and it does not really offers up anything new. This is barely a decent album and that is it.

2 points

No comments:

Post a Comment