Thursday 24 July 2014

Malombra - Our Lady Of The Bones (1996)



The second album from this Italian band.

Back in 3. August 2010, I reviewed their self titled 1994 debut album in ProgArchives. I did not like that album at all. I have to conclude the band has not moved on from that style they had back then.

We get pretty thin male vocals over some dark neo prog. The pop element is also pretty strong here. I would mostly compare this band, at least this album, to Peter Hammil and Van Der Graaf Generator. I would label Malombra a poor man's Van Der Graaf Generator.

We get a lot of dark, melancholic neo prog here. Some sort of neo prog. It is both more pop orientated and more heavy metal orientated than Van Der Graaf Generator though. This album reminds me a lot about the post new-wave pop-rock from England in the late 1980s.

The sound is pretty thin. Ditto for the music here. There is no really good songs here and the "dramatic" elements here is pretty over the top and laughable. This is a decent album and barely that. This is not a band I am fond of.

2 points

No comments:

Post a Comment