Thursday 25 September 2014

Pax Romana - Trace Of Light (2005)



The debut album from this Finnish band.

I quite liked their new album and thought it was a good idea to invest my hard earned cash into their first two albums too. So here it is.

The band has been around, with a long break included, since the 1970s and this is their debut album. That says a lot about the recording industry and this band. A hobby band before and after this album was released. I suspect they got their mind focused a bit more because of this album.

The band has two male vocalists. One that sounds like David Gilmour of Pink Floyd and the other one who sounds like a sanitized version of Tom Waits.

The David Gilmour'ish vocals songs has a lot in common with his version of Pink Floyd. They are a bit of a copycats in my view. Still good songs, but they screams Pink Floyd long way. The more Tom Waits'ish vocals songs has a more generic rock feel with some good saxophones included.

So we got two bands here for the price of one. I prefer the band when they are leaning quite heavy on Pink Floyd. I also suspect the material here is older than ten years, counting back from 2014. This band has a long history.

Nevertheless; this is a good album well worth checking out. I quite like it.

3 points

No comments:

Post a Comment