Friday 23 November 2012

Aquarelle - Aquarelle (1978)



Aquarelle was a Quebec, Canada jazz/fusion band who released this and a live album before they disappeared without a trace again. A one off band.

The music is pretty pedestrian jazz/fusion. Far more jazz though than fusion. The music is not particular intense. I get some Soft Machine vibes now and then throughout this album. The music is mainly performed with flutes, violin, bass, guitars, keyboards, saxophone and drums. A couple of the tracks has vocals too.

The album is forty minutes long and is a pleasant experience throughout. It is a bit lounge jazz though and it does not tax the listener's brain cells that much. I quite like this album so I rate it as a good experience. I have heard a lot better jazz albums though. But I am not complaining.

3 points

No comments:

Post a Comment