Tuesday 12 January 2016

Cottone. Pietro - Inferno (2015)


The debut album from this Italian artist.

That is my guess because I do not know much about him. I only know he is a world famous neuroscientist too. A nice combination ! Btw he was also born in Palermo, Italy.

He has got help from four musicians here. He plays guitars himself and is helped by a keyboardist, bassist, drummer and a vocalist. The vocals are in English. Most of the music here are instrumental.

This album is another visit to Dante's Inferno. A piece of litterature which has inspired numerous other albums too. Not to mention a lot of classical music pieces and symphonies.

Pietro Cottone's take in Inferno is pretty dark with a lot of dark guitar solos and keyboards pieces throughout this almost fifty minutes long album. Some of the dark music here reminds me a lot of the Belgium RIO band Present's darkest music. It has this haunting quality.

It is also a bit on the one dimentional side of the spectrum, this album. Nevertheless, this is a good album with some really good stuff. I am not totally overawed, but I like this album. More of the same next time, thank you, Pietro.

3 points 

1 comment: