Sunday 3 January 2016

Change To Eden - Full Circle (2015)


I believe this is the debut album from this British band.

I am not sure because this arrived at my inbox some time ago and it won the right to be reviewed last month in my 2015 albums lottery. So I have been listening to this album on a regular basis.

I am not sure who plays in this band. But the lineup is guitars, bass, drums and vocals. This entirely digital album is fifty minutes long too.

The band has labeled this album as progressive rock/art rock. More art rock than progressive rock, I have to say. There is no classic progressive rock on this album and hardly any art rock too.

Take some grunge aka Pearl Jam and add some Rush anno Vapor Trails to the proceedings. Then add normal hard rock too and you get this album.

The music is pretty hard throughout and the vocals are good. The music is not that good though. My main gripe is the lack of any really good songs here. There are some good stuff now and then. But there is not enough of it. To me, this is just one of many bands in this genre. They would be a good live band, but falls a bit short on an album.

2.5 points 





No comments:

Post a Comment