Thursday 15 March 2012

Nema Niko - Meccaniche Di Pensiero (2007)



I know next to nothing about this Serbian band, but I got a handful of their albums from Lizard Records, Italy. So I will in an unorganised manner review them.

Their music is a sort of ambient music with some haunting melancholic electric guitars solos, some acoustic guitars, female vocals, bass, drums, violins, samples and some synth. The music is what we label electronica.

The ambience is gothic and dark. The music is not the kind you play to suicidal people. A lot of darkness and not much light.

I am not entirely home in this soundscape. But the band has something going on here and I would not dismiss this band out of hand. This album is decent, but really lack some good music. I am listening, but this album does not resonance with me. But don't dismiss this band.

2.5 points

No comments:

Post a Comment