Saturday 3 March 2012

Disgorge - She Lay Gutted (1999)



I generally got a morbid curiosity. That makes me go out and check out bands from the gospel, pop, zeuhl, jazz and the metal scene. Sometimes, I end up with promo CDs like this one. One I got from Unique Leader back in 1999 and reviewed for a magazine back then. But I am more than happy to write a new review for my blog too.

The music here is pretty basic gore grind. The vocals are guttural to the extreme. The music is pretty guttural too. Cannibal Corpse and Suffocation is two good references. This is the debut album from Disgorge from USA and despite of one of their members passing away recently due to cancer, the band is still going strong, three albums later.

She Lay Gutted has a pretty good, clean sound. The music here is neither particular extreme or technical. It is middle of the road gore grind and hardly anything more than that. This is a decent album which does not really impresses me.

2 points

No comments:

Post a Comment