Wednesday 25 July 2012

Orcus Chylde - Orcus Chylde (2012)




The debut album from this German band.

The band has labelled their music as stoner rock. Strange.... I was listening to both Amon Duul II and Can before turning my attention to this album. Stoner rock is probably 2010'ish speak for krautrock because this album comes across as a mix of Amon Duul II's Carnival In Babylon album, a bit Can, Velvet Underground, Jefferson Airplane and indie rock. I know the stoner rock genre pretty well too and I would put this album on the more melodic side of the scene.

The vocals are females. The music is based on guitars, Hammond organ, drums and bass. The songs are very good. None of the songs are really great. This is a very good debut album though and it is obvious this band knows what they are doing. This is one of the bands well worth keeping an eye on in the future.
I for once will keep my eyes on them.

3.5 points

No comments:

Post a Comment