Friday 8 June 2012

Altered Vision - Fantasia (1996)



An Italian band and I know absolute nothing about them. I borrowed this album from a friend and that's it.

The music on this forty-five minutes long album is best described as a mix of college rock, art rock and indie rock. Mostly art rock though. This is a type of music I am totally unfamiliar with so I am on very thin ice in this review. But R.E.M is not a bad reference. Altered Vision is far more jazzy and funky than R.E.M though. Somewhere between R.E.M and Jamiroquai is a good reference though.

The music is driven by a lot of different instruments. From cold synths to electric guitars and woodwinds. The bass and drums is also pretty dominant with a busy jazz bassist driving the music forward. The vocals are male vocals and they are pretty good.

The music is pretty good throughout. The sound is very much the 1990s sound though and not a good sound. The lack of any good songs is a problem and the reason for my lack of enthusiasm for this album. It is a decent album though from a band I guess had some commercial success with this album. This type music was very much popular back in the mid 1990s. So maybe I am giving two points to a million selling album. I don't know. But this is not my cup of tea.

2 points

No comments:

Post a Comment