Sunday 1 March 2015

Aria Palea - Zoicekardia (1996)


The debut album from this Italian band who went on to release two albums before they were disbanded. 

Aria Palea was a five piece on this album with a lineup of flute, drums, Italian vocals, guitars and bass. The vocals are rather very good and fitting for this music. 

The opening minutes of this album made me believe I was in for an Area insanity copycat. Well, I was wrong. The opening minutes of this album is very misleading. The band and the music is rather sane. 

The music here is a mix of Jethro Tull with the frequent use of flutes and other pretty obvious references to 'Tull too. Then there is a great deal of Italian folk rock here. I have heard Dalton being listed as a reference here. I agree with that sentiment. I would also add Area and mainstream Italian prog rock here too as a main reference. 

The music here is both good and pretty straight forward . It also has an element of avant-garde which adds a lot of spice to this forty-five minutes long album. 

The result is an enjoyable, good album with a very good sound too. It comes recommended by me.

3 points 



No comments:

Post a Comment