Sunday 2 March 2014

De Scalzi. Vittorio - Gli Occhi Del Mondo (2011)



The fourth solo album from the New Trolls vocalist if I am not much mistaken. His first solo album was released in 1966. That is some years ago.

Gli Occhi Del Mondo is a solo album with all that means. The music is Italian rock with a lot of diverse influences. From celtic folk rock to traditional Italian folk music to Italian pop, rock and some jazzy uptempo rock with woodwinds and all that.

Most of the songs on this fifty minutes long album is reflective ballads. I guess Vittorio is taking us through some confessions here as the ballads sounds very confessional. I don't really know because all the vocals are in Italian. On these ballads, his voice is really great. His vocals floats on the top of some subtle keyboards, acoustic guitars, percussion, violins, flutes and bass. Very folky pop music.

My main gripe is the lack of any really good songs here. The vocals seems to be the most important here and my Italian is not the best. Both two Italian words I speak, that is. And Vittorio does not use any of them. So I am missing out on this album. This is a decent album which I am sure you Italians will like more than I do.

2 points

No comments:

Post a Comment